Featured Three glass pieces: Carnival, Mt. Washington (?) & Victorian (?)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, May 6, 2018.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Howdy, everyone. Anyone that claims glassies and potties are boring needs to read this forum! Got a belly full of giggles reading posts. Here's my help-wanteds for today:

1) Red rose bowl, 3 1/2" high, 4 1/2" diameter. It is opalescent but I sure couldn't get it to show up well. Looked at Dave Doty's site I thought carefully, but sure didn't find it.
    20180506_190611.jpg 20180506_190557.jpg

2) Custard rose bowl, 3 1/2" high, 4" diameter. Gold decoration with enamel over it, slightly raised almost like moriage. Ground pontil. The lip appears to be gold with something over it that is almost black. Looks a lot like Mt. Washington but I don't find it or close to it in my one and only book. 20180506_190647.jpg 20180506_190705.jpg

3) Glass bud vase, a twisted reeded (?) tube with applied leaves and iris/orchid type flower, all sitting on a pulled pointed base. The tops of the tube are cut and smooth but not really polished. 7" tall, about 3 1/2" across the base.
    20180506_190931.jpg 20180506_190845.jpg
    And for some reason I can't get these right side up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, as well as wit and humor. I've been in need of some smiles today!

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

ALL are NICE!!!! The 'Glassies' will know, of which I am not one!!!! And if you're posting any images from a cell phone, that could be one reason they might be posted sideways!!!! They're funny that way!!!!:wacky::wacky:

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't know glass...but we have a Funnies thread that you should make use of !!

:happy::happy::happy:

judy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  4. lvetterli

Yup, used my phone instead of getting out the camera. Oh, well. ;)

judy likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The top one looks very much like Fenton's Waterlily pattern but the color and lack of signature is throwing me a bit. Love, love, love the second rose bowl. I'm leaning towards Bohemia on that one.
    Don

7. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

That rose bowl is muy nice!

8. lvetterli

Thanks, Don and TallCakes for the ID on the Fenton. Looking at Doty's page, the Fenton Water Lily is not the same as the one on the FentonFan page. I'm happy with it, I was afraid I'd gotten a piece of newer import glass. Don, Bohemia as in Loetz or Kralik? Woof! That would be cool!
    Linda

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Even tho I am a glassie, this is not the kind I know much about. Not that I am any kind of expert compared to many here.
    Love the second one.
    :p

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Linda - it would be lovely if it were Loetz or Kralik but I rather doubt it. I'm far from an expert in those companies but I think Loetz and Kralik are more defined by their color and shape than by the decoration. I don't think yours is a newer imported piece, though. I'd date it circa late 1800's. I think any rose bowl collector would be thrilled to own it. Not only is the decoration nice but the applied black trim around the lip is unusual.
    Don

11. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

The 1st one is newer Fenton-not in Doty. 2nd looks like Mt. Washington and the last is probably newer Chinese.

*crs* likes this.
  12. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Any chance you can get a pic of the third one with a darker background. Tough to make out detail. Also a pic of the bottom.

I agree the second is not Loetz or Kralik.

13. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

The custard glass reminds me of a piece of Buckeye glass that I had a few years ago. I will check my files and see if I have the photograph.

14. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

No photographs but I found the old auction description and my piece had a smooth top.

15. lvetterli

DSCN000A.JPG DSCN000C.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG

Here's some photos on a black background, used the camera and they came out much better! Don and desperate fun, the only reason I asked about Loetz or Kralik is those are the only Bohemia glass id's I have heard! I've been doing this a while but don't usually get into the really good stuff. Auctions and estate sales here in rural Wisconsin don't usually get too fancy!

16. desperate_fun

cxgirl, aaroncab and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. lvetterli

Oh, Holy Cow! Who woulda thunk? Now I'm REALLY excited!

18. desperate_fun

If you want to describe it, go with this

Kralik Tube Vase with applied flower and leaves

aaroncab likes this.
  19. lvetterli

Thanks! And just how do I find a price? Found one and only one closed sold on eBay that was even similar. $35.00ish.

Linda

20. desperate_fun

I saw that one. IMHO yours is nicer. There are a couple other listed with "Buy it now" just over $100.00

$75 might be a good starting point.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted