Thoughts on Painting; info on artist?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Aug 20, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this yesterday at a thrift store & for some reason I liked it! Maybe the 'so ugly it's cute' syndrome? :)
    I found a couple of paintings for sale that were signed MB but nothing about him/her
    Thanks!

ART PAINTING MB 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING MB 1AAA.JPG ART PAINTING MB 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING MB 3AA.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Can we see the back side? (Not Backside) ;)

Figtree3 and Boland like this.
  3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Then this must be very ‘cute’ :) I know very little about art.To me it looks like something done by an amateur or art student. But obviously MB is a serious painter if you found several other paintings for sale.

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I couldn’t find anything else online with this signature Journey, where did you see this persons other paintings?

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  5. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

MB might be short for Much Better, as in this painting could be so much better. Just a thought.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I looked on computer (instead of my phone) and the ones I saw may not be the same (I was looking quickly because my friend lets me in early while they are unloading the trucks, but when they stop unloading trucks I have to leave store until normal opening time!
    Here is photo of back; I don't know why it came out so blurry - I'll try to take another after the weekend because we are having a estate/garage sale.

ART PAINTING MB 8AA.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Can I instead vote for so ugly it's ugly? :bored:

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I agree with those who think it’s the work of a talentless painter. Sorry but they’re of very limited value and won’t be a listed artist. That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t like them.

9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I agree with all of the assessments here, but also I like it. Crazy...

reader likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

High drama. But I agree that it does appear to be the work of a less-than-fully-formed artist. Perhaps a student.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted