Featured Thomas Gimbert Booth Tea Cup & Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marote, Aug 31, 2024.

1. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

But this TGB Japan pattern cup and saucer
    image4.jpeg image3.jpeg
    This site https://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/134b.htm has quite some info on Booth, and even includes a pic of a smaller cup and saucer with the same image and mark. Based on the info on that site, I think this mark would have been used between 1876 and 1883. Is that correct?
    I didn't find any similar pieces on other sites. Is it rare, or just not interesting enough to be sold?

moreotherstuff, kentworld and komokwa like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Yes, from reading that text I agree with the dates.

Marote likes this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Not particularly rare, I would think, as it wouldn't have been an expensive item originally. Also, it's pottery and that isn't quite as durable as china. However, it is sweet -- the transfer pattern is Japan, and it is likely hand-coloured.

Marote likes this.
  4. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

Bitcoin was neither rare nor expensive originally, so this must also be worth a fortune by now :D

it does indeed seem to be hand-coloured (and not always within the lines)

kentworld likes this.
  5. Marote

Marote Well-Known Member

"But this" = "Bought this" :bag:

Draft saved Draft deleted