This is my introduction....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tressie, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Tressie

Tressie Member

Hello to all! My name is Tressie. I am super excited to be part of this community of antique lovers ❤️ I’m a stay at home mom and in an effort to make some money to help out with the bills, I decided to open an Etsy shop to sell vintage and handmade items. I enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would and I have developed interests that I never thought I would. I still haven’t made a single sale yet but it’s so rewarding just to treasure hunt. I hope to learn a lot and hopefully pass it on.

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)

3. Piece Dove

Piece Dove Active Member

Welcome from one new member to another. Looking forward to learning with you.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings.......we have a ' show us your art' thread somewhere...if you make your own stuff.......just to show off !! :happy::happy::happy:

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Greetings, Tressie. We'll be interested to see your items & probably will often be able to provide info that will let you title & describe them more accurately. What sorts of things are you offering for sale?

6. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Tressie!

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

9. Tressie

Tressie Member

That would be awesome! Right now there’s not much in the shop. I have a few pieces of vintage jewelry, some pillsbury figures and some other random stuff. I have boxes of items to list, but I just want to make sure that I have the right info before I list any of it.
    I have some earrings listed that I don’t have any idea about except that they are older. http://electart.etsy.com/ If anyone could give me any info on what I already have listed, that would be great!

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't have anything of substance to say about your current listings except that this brooch is upside down in all the photos except the one with the ruler. Could be seen as a Q as well as a ribbon. :happy:

11. Tressie

Tressie Member

Good to know!

12. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Tressie !!! ... Joy.

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Tressie. We are on Etsy too.
    Your shop looks good, nice clear pictures, and mostly plain backgrounds. But you need more info in the titles to attract buyers. You can ask in a separate thread and people will come up with catchy but truthful words for an item.
    You can tell which side is up from the pin. When you look at the back, the clasp is on the left, the hinge on the right.

Best to remove the word 'gem' from this listing:
    https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/590595861/rope-and-gem-earrings?ref=shop_home_active_6
    In jewellery a gem is a true gemstone, so it could get you in trouble. We have members who are specialized in costume jewellery, they can help you find better terms and identify the style or period. Just ask, we all love to help.

14. Joshua Brown

Joshua Brown Decently-Known-Member

Welcome Tressie! :)

Christmasjoy, Tressie and judy like this.
  15. Tressie

Tressie Member

Thanks so much for taking a look and letting me know that! I want to be completely transparent in my listings.

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Pleasure.:)
    We tend to dump all relevant search terms in the titles of our listings. Looks very crowded, but it gets eyes on the listing. Don't be shy about it, as long as it has to do with the item. This is our shop, with ridiculously long listing titles;), just as an example: https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/samarkandrose

Christmasjoy likes this.
  17. Tressie

Tressie Member

What a great shop,intimidating! Yes I really need to find out what I’m even listing, so it’s been a little difficult but this site is amazing.

18. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Nice shop Tressie. I would add what condition your items are to your listings.

Disclose any flaws or damage (if there is any) so buyers can be aware of what they are looking at.

Also it is best to use ALL your tags on Etsy to be seen. And using tags with multiple words is best for search. For example, blue swirl vase.. not just blue.

And as AJ mentioned, use all the pertinent details in your titles so it gets found.

They keep changing search there so it is hard to keep up with everything plus they are always running tests as well. Right now they are testing AI I think.

Much good luck.

Tressie, Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  19. Any Jewelry

Wow, thanks for the compliment, although we don't mean to be intimidating.:D
    Just ask about any item, you already have the pictures, and we have a lot of knowledgeable costume 'joolies' and others who will help.
    What pearls just wrote about mentioning flaws or damage is also very good advice. People need to know what they buy, and it is good for seller-buyer relations.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  20. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

Tressie and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted