Featured THIS ARTICLE MIGHT GO HERE BEST....I THOUGHT IT INTERESTING AS I FOR

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Aquitaine, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

One sometimes don't know what kind of "jewels" some of you are talking about, so when I saw this article in the April "Journal of Antiques and Collectibles", I "might" not be the only one!! If not, or it's not accurate, a MOD can take it down....I won't be offended....just thought it could be a little educational for some (like ME!). BTW, there's also a Fantastic article in there about the women who worked at Tiffany's....back in the Day....."Under the Glass Ceiling - The Tiffany Girls" for anyone interested!!!! He certainly kept them under his thumb!!!!

GLASS JEWELS.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Thank you Aqui! nice pics and explanations in the article:)

3. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Ohhh noooo I hear a new obsession knocking on my door.....:bigtears::rolleyes:

Thank you very much for this! Beautiful stones

4. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you, Aqui, for this so informative article! I did not know about Iris glass before, and knew very little about the other types mentioned.

I am a great fan of Czech glass partially because it is by far the most frequent jewelry type found here but not only that, it is also very beautiful, and last but not least, quite affordable. Of course, the most frequent finds are those made after WWII (which are also gorgeous, IMO) but sometimes, if one is lucky, older Czech glass can pop up.

I like also newer types of Czech glass - moonglow, satin, foiled, Aurora Borealis, cracked glass, I even prefer them to natural stones. One must be a millionaire to have natural stone jewelry of similar beauty, and bear all the trouble of safety wearing and storage. Glass rules, IMO.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I love finding them when the seller has no idea! I once heard rumors of amarette glass - a form of sapphiret that's purple instead of blue, but have never seen any.

Draft saved Draft deleted