Theodore haviland Limoges pattern help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Leslie Jacobson, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Leslie Jacobson

Leslie Jacobson New Member

hello,
    I purchased this large, beautiful set of Theodore Haviland Limoges China Set from a closing consignment shop. I’ve tried to locate this pattern but my recent searches on flower type and color are not producing my pattern. Can someone help? I've tried google images, etsy, ebay, and the Replacements website. I cannot get a 100% match regardless of which piece I try.
    Thank you,

Attached Files:

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Leslie! Welcome to Antiquers.

I see you've already tried Replacements, which would have been my recommendation.

Someone might have another source.

I know someone, but can't remember who, put out a couple of small booklets on the subject.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

5. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

If you have tried all those places, and nothing quite matches, it is not likely that you will ever find this particular pattern.

However...who cares! Call it "Leslie," and keep watching eBay, etc., and occasionally, a piece will show up for you to add to the collection.

I have a similar pattern. I bought it partly because I loved it, and partly because it was one of the few Limoges patterns without gold (except on cup handles). Not that I don't love the gold in Limoges, it's just that I had rather a muchness of it at the time. :)

6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forum. :happy::happy::happy:

If you could please post a photo of a cup from the side & enlarge all of your photos I will give my Haviland book a try later today. Also see if you can get a little clearer photo of the mark on the bottom of the plate. :):)

lloyd249 and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Haviland is known for its little flower designs.
    Many of which were made specifically for stores to market as their own pattern.

Not everyone has access to the Haviland design books, so please pay attention to what Peggy is asking.

judy and lloyd249 like this.
  8. bercrystal

The book I have was written by the 2 gentlemen who own Replacements. You start by ID'ing the shape using the marks, then the cup & the shape on the rim of the plate. Hopefully then the pattern. Sometimes the patterns have names, sometimes just the Schleiger number. Hopefully I'll get lucky with this one.

I will warn you though that Haviland produced thousands of patterns & sometimes the only difference was the shape of one of the flowers or the colors of the leaves. :arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I use to have the 5 Schleiger books each of which had literally hundreds of different Haviland patterns, but every time I tried to use them to ID a pattern I got a headache. The Replacements book is just about as bad with its 500+ pages, but at least you get colored photos of the pieces. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

judy, Bakersgma and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  9. Leslie Jacobson

10. Leslie Jacobson

Thank you so much for your help! Here's a few more photos. I hope that they are what you are looking for! IMG_8489.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Leslie Jacobson

I hope that I uploaded these correctly!

12. Leslie Jacobson

This set is really pretty!

13. Leslie Jacobson

14. Leslie Jacobson

The Theodore is underlined on the marking.

15. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

It IS pretty. I like it as much as I like mine!

And incidentally, I went on a tour thru eBay's listings. Didn't find anything for you :(. However, found a few thousand dollars worth of stuff I wanted. Not my pattern either, but who cares!

judy likes this.
  16. bercrystal

I think this is done on blank 117. Check the patterns out in this search on Replacements to see if anything pops out at you.

I tried to find it in the book, but wasn't sure about the trim. I noticed the cup had gold on the handle, but couldn't see anything on the plates.

https://www.replacements.com/search/?query=haviland+117+

17. Leslie Jacobson

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate your help!

Draft saved Draft deleted