Featured the Louvre in your living room

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by elarnia, Mar 27, 2021.

1. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

The Louvre announced Friday they have released an online platform featuring all of the museum's artworks, consisting of more than 480,000 pieces, including many of those little items museums don't display. I checked out the textiles category - dozens of fabric fragments from Egyptian to Byzantine eras with detailed motifs. Over 15,000 items under jewelry and small decorative items. Well worth a look!

https://collections.louvre.fr/en/

judy, Van_Poperin, Houseful and 15 others like this.
  2. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I think this is the right place to link the fan museum in Paris that ran low on funds due Covid and should be saved.
    http://annehoguet.fr/home_en

the lady is really a treasure of knowledge and also made courses for all interested in the art of making fans.

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

judy and bercrystal like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I had a feeling you had probably already seen it but just in case I did not want you to miss out. :happy::happy: :kiss::kiss::kiss:

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

I know you always think of this fan fan, you're so sweet.:happy::kiss:

judy and bercrystal like this.
  7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I made a donation of 50 €; seems it's as always - people are ready to consume and think the rest is paid by the state. it's more complicated - when the Council mixes in with it's administration and all its useless people...:vomit:

8. Any Jewelry

It is the story of fan museums and other small collections. I used to support a Dutch fan museum, but in the end private donations were not enough.
    Some of the fans went to big museums, others were sold to the highest bidder. The location, a nice manor house, is now a wedding location and conference centre.
    I expect some of the other small museums I support will go the same route.
    A new approach to presentation and reaching the public sometimes helps. That costs money too, but more important is the flexibility of the organisations that own the museum.

Here in the Netherlands, Amsterdam claims most of the available state finances for culture, because it is good for tourism. Tourism can be ok, but we don't rely on it for our economy. Meanwhile, many cultural venues outside Amsterdam are starving financially.
    The sad irony is that Amsterdam complains it is getting too many tourists.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted