Featured The $28,000 Jug

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Aug 20, 2024.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Went to a local auction a few days ago. They had some amazing jugs, crocks and a massive bottle collection with some bottles dating to the 1700's. Anyway, this lovely item brought $28,000!!! Never heard of the name. Never seen it before. And, it doesn't have the spout, lol. Measure about 2 feet tall. Sorry, could only get one pic before the new owner scurried away with their prize.

0-7.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'd drink whatever was supposed to be in it......

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

If you want to see crazier prices for similar items here's some of Crocker Farms auction highlights. They are located in Maryland & they specialize in antique American stoneware & redware pottery. They would probably love to have sold this jug as it is right up their alley.

https://www.crockerfarm.com/highlights/

I would recommend them very highly & truly wish I could find something again they would be interested in selling. Unfortunately my one sale with them was no where near the amount to get me listed on the highlights page but I was very happy with the result.

One of our original members Don AKA "42Skeezix" recommended I contact them & I will be forever grateful. Here is the original thread that I posted back in 2016.

While I have sold other items for more money it was fun having a piece of mine in a "big time" auction & getting to watch it sold in real time online.

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/old-pottery-dog-figurine-school-project-or-something-else.8598/

kentworld, Lucille.b, *crs* and 3 others like this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I didn't see that link before, thanks Peggy. I miss Skeezix too much to move past the first page.

5. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Wow, that site is amazing! Such wonderful pieces of pottery.

bercrystal likes this.
  6. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Probably Apple-Jack?

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted