That new guy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rufus@frockstarvintage, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

Hello all :)

Have been lurking for a couple years & finally signed up. Feels like I know many of you already just reading your posts, and of course some I recognize from the ebay boards (verybrad, evelyb, calico, Bev, ownedbybear, mforjan to name a few)

"Old junk" & the past has always appealed to me. I started wearing vintage in my teens & collecting soon followed - clothing & jewelry (definitely a crow in spirit, a passion for the shiny stuff) followed by lamps, electronics, furniture, art.....pretty much whatever appealed to me. I highly appreciate Deco & Mid century design but also can't resist Primitives - a wide, eclectic range of taste.

I sell on ebay (frockstarvintage) and have an etsy acct (same ID which has seen no use at all). Mainly clothing but occasionally other vintage pieces. I've had retail booth space, owned two shops & shut it all down in favor of personal freedom :)
    Occasionally list furniture & larger items on Craigslist.

I also do estate sales & clean-outs when time permits - was lucky to have been in charge of liquidating a local Army-Navy Surplus, The Southern Salvage, a few years back - a nine floor time capsule of just amazing wonderful stuff, and yes I still have a ton of that around.

I've acquired knowledge through the years mainly from actual experience and other helpful dealers but the internet & sites such as this one have been invaluable. Looking forward to continuing that here with all of you.

I'm good with clothing - dating/ID, stain removal, restoration, care, storage etc and jewelry dating/ID, repair/restoration. Pretty good with general "fix-its" in a lot of other areas (furniture, lamps) and very creative with items needing re-purposing.

Thanks for allowing me in the club. See you around :)

Rufus/frockstarvintage

Ghopper1924, Figtree3, SBSVC and 11 others like this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Welcome Rufus! Glad you made the leap to join in:)

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hello Rufus! Welcome!

8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Will be glad to have you joining us! Welcome! :cat:

11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Rufus !!! ... Joy.

12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! WOW!

13. Sassy

Sassy Well-Known Member

Wow that is quite an introduction! Welcome. Can't wait to see some of your stuff on the forums :)

14. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

15. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Welcome to our group.....

16. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

17. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

18. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

19. Rufus@frockstarvintage

Rufus@frockstarvintage Well-Known Member

WOW is right, thank you all for the warm welcome!!

AJefferson, judy, Ghopper1924 and 3 others like this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HAHA, last but not least, HI and WELCOME, Rufus!!!! Glad you joined....think you'll enjoy it here!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted