Thank you Peter!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amyed, Sep 9, 2021.

1. amyed

amyed New Member

Hi to all! My name is Amy Moore Diaz. My Mother-in-law has been giving away antique items to family members in recent days and weeks. Sadly, her health is not well at 92. My husband received this item and we have been searching the internet trying to identify the marking so we can learn more about it. We would truly appreciate any help, and hope that we can also help some one else to along the way as we have learned a lot recently in our searches. Cheers! Amy

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Did you forget your photographs, Amy? Lots of new members have difficulty posting them at first. If you need assistance in doing so, someone will be along shortly.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Amy.

7. Barbara W. Preston

Barbara W. Preston Active Member

Well, I will try to post this again. I recently redid a spelter figurine of Cinq-Mars after finding a figurine just like ours listed by Lyons and Turnbull Auctioneers, October 13, 2016, Lot 32 (Pair of spelter figures with the names Cinq-Mars and DeThou). The bows, lace collar, ruffles, plumes on the hat, and the buckles on the shoes were quite similar to those on this porcelain figurine.
    Also, we have two porcelains with the tree trunk looking area on the back. One of our local antique dealer told us that they were "Scenters." Perfume was put inside the hollowed trunk and had a stopper or cap. When the room had obnoxious odors, the caps were remove so that the obnoxious odors would soon be gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted