Texan with estate items

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rex B, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Rex B

Rex B New Member

Mom passed away recently. I will be looking for help identifying some of the things we found in going through her personal effects.

In return, I can help with old machine tools and such

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Welcome Partner !!

We have a Texas gal here who owns an auction house...Kasper !

Old tools vex us to no end .......you'll be a welcomed addition to the fold !

tyeldom3 and KingofThings like this.
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I'm from your neck of the woods, too! Transplanted temporarily.

The Yankees are nice on this Board. And there're Canadians and British and Serbians and... Russians and... a Martian or two, I think!

Welcome!

4. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

The Brits are particularly nice ;)

tyeldom3, Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Welcome! :cat:

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Rex! Very helpful folks here, but we are a tad short on tool guys! A welcome addition, indeedy!

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

My ol' man is a tool nerd, and will be grateful for the company!

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME Rex!! Sounds like the right place for you!! We also have a lot of fun while exchanging and dissecting information!!!! When posting pictures, 1MB is the size limit, 10 pics per post, and when you upload the files, the very top image lets you click to "post every image FULL SIZE"....MUST DO!!!!! You also will find, most of the 'experts' here would like close ups, several angles, dimensions, and any other information you can provide about the object in question.....that should get you off to a great start!!! Plenty of "tool aficionados" 'round here too!!!

Lucille.b, KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  9. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

KingofThings and tyeldom3 like this.
  10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Welcome Rex! Sorry to hear about your mom and I know folks here will do their best to help.

For a long time I seemed to have some sort of aversion to Texas for no reason. I had the opportunity to spend several weeks a year for several years in the Austin and North of Austin areas and I have to say I really like it! Funny how preconceived silly notions can be so wrong:).

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome! We can always use another tool nerd. Even if he is an Aggie....apologies if you're a Longhorn.

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Rex -

I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom.

The folks here will be more than happy to help you with whatever you find among her things.

And, SIS, I can't believe you said that:
    "For a long time I seemed to have some sort of aversion to Texas for no reason."

I myself have had an aversion to Texas since 1975 - and I haven't been there since! The difference is, I know why!

Back in my camp counselor/life-guarding/college days, I very seriously dated a fellow who started med school in TX in September of 1974. Over spring break in 1975, I flew out from NY to see him.

I'd been pretty sick with some sort of flu, and as soon as I met him at the gate at the airport, he said, "That doesn't sound good. I think you might have pneumonia."

Mind you, he was a 1st year med student...

YET, at his demand, I ended up going to the ER... I was immediately checked into the hospital, where I remained for 6 days of my 7-day visit.

Crud. Texas? Pfffftttt... (sorry, Rex)

13. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Sounds like your real problem was something in NY and Texas saved you;).

(I like NY too:D)

14. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

He's a marble?

15. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Forgot to mention above Rex, so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. Blessings to you and your family.....

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted