Tell City seat repair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KBenham, Mar 1, 2022.

1. KBenham

KBenham New Member

D22C76E1-B6D9-4565-B482-74FC4DEDD73C.jpeg 0B1C8014-C87F-40B1-B74D-E7F976CC599C.jpeg 8E911916-D8DB-4EFD-8648-8BDAD6B67969.jpeg Hello!

I’m not a collector, but I wanted to find answers about repair that were not popping up on Google.

I have a Tell City rocker with the original cushions. I got this from my mother who bought it at a garage sale or auction in Ohio. It’s 35” h, 33” w, 30” d. I don’t really know or even care if it’s worth much. I actually just think it’s a comfortable chair and want to get it back to what it used to be.

The problem is that the lattice of (I believe) leather straps that support the seat became brittle and all eventually broke. I still have the broken straps with the metal fittings. Right now I have it hideously rigged with bungee cords, but it is not really effective. I have included pictures.

My questions are: How difficult would it be to find someone to repair the straps? And would it be terribly expensive? And how do I find someone who can do this? I realize it’s probably not possible to give real estimates. I just have no prior knowledge and wanted to get an idea of what I would be getting myself into.

Many thanks!

K

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2022
    judy likes this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Google
    "re webbing chairs"

You can buy rubber or Jute upholstering webbing on ebay.

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Tell City ? do they all work as bank tellers ?

komokwa likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's a secret....no one's Tell-ing

BoudiccaJones and Fid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted