Teakwood wood base with a thick glass domed lid

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Sep 15, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a teak round wood base made out of teakwood from thailand with a thick glass dome lid. I think it is for cheese or cake storage. Dimensions of the dome are 6" dia. x 5 1/4" tall. The wood base is about 7 3/8" dia. I do not know the wood base thickness and I do not want to unpack the box and unwrap it to get that measurment but it is probably around 1/2" to 1" thick. On the back of the wood base is a torn sticker. The part that I can read on the sticker FOR FOOD USE, GENUINE, TEAKWOOD, THAILAND. I would like to request some help with what this wood base and dome lid items is called? How would I go about researching the company that made this label and the decade it is from? From my research I know GOODWOOD and Dolphin are a couple company that make these. If I had to guess based on seeing the last 2 letters "in" still on the sticker it could possibly be Dolphin. Thank you. Rob
    IMG_0542small.JPG IMG_0548small.JPG IMG_0551small.JPG IMG_0552small.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Cheese dome. Or anything else you'd like to put on a teak plate and have covered so it doesn't dry out. Popular back in the '70s IIRC.

judy, pearlsnblume and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yup, cheese and 70s. Wedding gifts, often.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. rknarr2

ok, thank you for the information. Rob

kentworld and judy like this.
  5. rknarr2

Thank you for the information. Rob

Draft saved Draft deleted