Table identification

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Martain, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Martain

Martain New Member

Hi, curious about any info on this old table, know nothing about it. Seems like the joints might have small round pegs

Painted black

25" tall,
    tabletop 27"x18"

[​IMG]

Acquired in the Massachusetts area

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@Aquitaine will be along to help u with the file size for photo's..

sabre123 likes this.
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

When you add an image, you need to point to a valid URL where the image resides. Looks like you're trying to add an image, but you're sharing a Google Photos "folder"

I'll do one for you, but you will need to post the images to this thread as people don't typically click links for images.

Komo has tagged one of our techies for you. In the meantime:

martain.jpg

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ya, @sabre123 ......but you'll do fine in a pinch !!!!
    Hehehe!!! :playful:

Aquitaine and sabre123 like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Martian, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!! Sorry, I didn't get much, if any, time here yesterday and missed the tag!! Since I only see one image, and no more in the GALLERY, I'm to assume they're mostly too large to post?? If so, maybe this will help........
    ALSO, did anyone try tagging @verybrad OR @Ghopper1924??? To me, those are very unusual looking legs and 'button' feet on that table!!! Maybe @James Conrad too??

I think the table has great lines to it and I love it, BTW!! Don't know if you're keeping or selling, and can't really tell if/how much age it has to it, (with pegs it just might be old...) but personally, I'd lose the paint!!! Please do wait for others comments!!! And I hope you can post more images!!! Underside included!!

For Future reference, when posting images:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 8 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

A bit out of my element here. Would think a mid-19th century kitchen work table. Appears to be a 2 board top, or is that just a split in a single board? If a single board, could be quite a bit older. Paint is quite a bit younger than the table and makes it difficult to evaluate properly. More information and pictures are necessary. James may be better at evaluating this than I am.

komokwa likes this.
  7. Fern77

Fern77 Well-Known Member

I would guess a bit later-- to me there is something Ashbee-esque about those legs (can you check the underside and see the wood grain?)

Draft saved Draft deleted