Swedish Ovenware...who made it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rhiwfield, Nov 15, 2017.

1. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

Two nice pieces of ceramic ovenware from Sweden, impressed UGNS Eldfast Ovenproof Bo (?) Sweden plus numbers.

First thought was Rorstrand but I cant find a match. The Rorstrand I've seen have rounder handles, these are flatter.

As for date I'm guessing 60s but they look almost new so I even checked out Ikea in case they were!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aaroncab and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

This might help somewhat......

"Eldfast is a UK manufactured ceramic chimney lining system designed for open and inset fires.

The name "Eldfast" in Swedish means "Fireproof" or "Incombustible" and this is the only chimney lining system to be fully fireproof.

The qualities of the material not only retain the flue cross section, but also strengthen the chimney while helping to improve the draught. As the system is not modular, but parged onto the walls of the chimney it can also cope with fluctuations in internal size of the chimney and fill in missing mortar and damaged brickwork".

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

4. rhiwfield

Just been trying variations on Bo and saw Bo Fajans

Not an exact match

The impressed Bo looks similar to his label

[​IMG]

And this looks like the impressed mark on ours
    [​IMG]

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

6. rhiwfield

I see that Bo Fajans closed in 1967.

So I think these casseroles are probably 1950s/early 1960s.

aaroncab, judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted