Sunbeam Model FPA Electric Skillet Frying Pan

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by rknarr2, Oct 6, 2023.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a Sunbeam Model FPA Electric Skillet Frying Pan.
    Dimensions without the handle are about 10 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 3" without the lid
    or 5 1/2" with lid including handle. Dimensions with handle 10 1/2" x 17 1/8" x
    3" without the lid or 5 1/2" with lid including handle. I noticed corrosion or oxidation
    inside the electric skillet frying pan and a little on the backside of the electric skillet
    frying pan. Is this a stainless steel or aluminum electric skillet frying pan. What can
    I use to remove the corrosion or oxidation to the electric skillet frying pan. The corrosion or oxidation shows prevalently in my opinion in the pictures. Thank you for assistance in this matter.
    rknarr2
    IMG_0296-smaller.jpg IMG_0302-smaller.jpg

lovewrens and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Looks like aluminum. You can try adding 5% white vinegar to the pan, bring to a boil for a few minutes, let cool, then scrub with a scouring pad.

3. lovewrens

lovewrens Well-Known Member

I had one of these once, and it made the best fried chicken, ever! I don't know why I got rid of it!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I have a vintage electric frypan, in like new condition, in my basement! I've never used it but bought it years ago at a local thrift because I, too, had fond memories of mom's fried chicken!

rk, does yours have sentimental value? Perhaps it would be better to replace it. The pitting/corrosion is worrisome.

lovewrens likes this.
  5. rknarr2

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that.
    rknarr2

6. rknarr2

Thank you for sharing your story with me.

lovewrens likes this.
  7. rknarr2

No sentimental value. I was going to put it up for sale once I got the ptting / corrosion cleaned up if possible. I had not thought about replacement. I thought maybe if I scrap the aluminum pan part maybe I could find the aluminum pan and switch it out if I can not clean mine up.
    Rob

bluumz likes this.