Studio Glass Vase Artist? Signed RAL '07 A. Kringest, Kinsgist? any ideas?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by alynnfin, Apr 19, 2021.

1. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

Rather heavy turquoise to clear base bud vase 9 3/8" tall. Signed both R A L '07 and A. something Kingest, Kringist? I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe a local artist but worth a try from you experts who have amazed me before. 07CDE599-4B8D-4D3A-A0AA-C7A519686AF0.jpeg 6FCBB6B7-0691-45B0-A241-30B11353969B.jpeg 07CDE599-4B8D-4D3A-A0AA-C7A519686AF0.jpeg 6FCBB6B7-0691-45B0-A241-30B11353969B.jpeg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

If it came from Virginia perhaps it's from someone in the Rappahannock Art League who was there in 07. Just guessing.

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

RAL is "Reichs-Ausschuss für Lieferbedingungen". an independant German quality and norm organisation founded in 1925. the goal was to rationalize the industrial production.
    since 1927 they define the exact colors. worldwide.
    example: when Fritz was telling his supplier that he needed another few buckets of the same color he bought last month and Gustl had a hangover when mixing the lot it may well have been that the right side of the façade didn't look the same as the left one.

here the actual list (most of anyways) for comparison:
    https://www.ral-farben.de/alle-ral-farben

problem is of course that some colors fell off the list and new ones were added.
    the name seems to start with Kemp... so probably German.

DizzyDaff, plaid423 and judy like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

from what I see of the form I rather tend to Scandinavian, esp. Sweden.
    the number could be a shortage and part of an experimental lot to see what color variation fits best before going into mass production.

6. alynnfin

I appreciate your information. I looked but it looks like just colors to me, although I cannot read any of it. Did they make glass? Thank you.

7. alynnfin

Thank you just wrote them and asked if it anything was recognizable to them. Thank you! I'll let you know.

8. say_it_slowly

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

every color is also named in English.
    furthermore you could change the language - r/h top corner.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021
    DizzyDaff likes this.
  10. say_it_slowly

I hope I'm not confusing the OP with my thoughts.

I tried looking through the RAL color chart, in case 07 isn't a year, but I didn't see a color ending in 07 that seemed like it could be this color. 5007 was the only one in the family and they called it brilliant blue and looked quite different. Can't say I know how one uses the numbers exactly. I used this chart.

https://www.ralcolor.com/

Around here quite often AL is used for "art league" which often has artists from all sorts of mediums. I was just thinking that perhaps an artist from somewhere beginning with "R" was in a league and if the area the vase was found was known then it might be a lead to follow. No idea really.

DizzyDaff likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted