Featured Studio flower frog or potpourri box? Signature unknown.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mirana, Nov 21, 2023.

1. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I can't find others like it, so I turn to y'all. Flower frog with removable lid for cleaning, or potpourri box with unusual placement of holes? It is a studio piece with a signature and chop-like pictograph but I can't ID the artist either, if anyone has seen it.

LeafBox1sm.jpg LeafBox2sm.jpg LeafBox3sm.jpg

I swear every time I pick up a new piece of studio pottery at the thrift it's terrible odds whether I can figure out the mark or not. Always feels like winning the lottery when I can! :hilarious:

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

No idea on the mark but could it be a pen holder? (You don't give any measurements.)

judy, Bronwen and mirana like this.
  3. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I thought of that, but the lid seems an odd addition as it wouldn't stay in place very well for pen removal. Also, the pens would need to be no bigger than cheap bics I think.

Size is 3.5" with 3/8" holes.

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Make up brush holder??

judy, mirana and Bronwen like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Ikebana?

judy and mirana like this.
  6. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

With such tiny holes, I would doubt that it's a flower frog. (Which is a recent new collecting area for me. :))

Bronwen, judy and mirana like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted