Featured Studio Art Glass Pumpkin Perfume Bottle Artisan's Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by whatmamahad, Feb 3, 2016.

1. whatmamahad

whatmamahad Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I purchased a Studio Art Glass "Pumpkin" shape perfume bottle, with dabber, in 1999.
    I think I have permanently damaged my eyesight, by trying to decipher the artisan's mark(s.)
    If you could spare a moment to look at the photos of the bottle and marks, I would appreciate it very much.
    If anyone happens to know the artisan's name, please let me know.
    The perfume bottle measures four inches, in diameter and 1 1/2" tall.
    The stopper/dabber is five inches tall.
    Thank You.

Attached Files:

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    Others will be by to help you. :")

whatmamahad likes this.
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hola, and welcome!
    Glass brainiacs will be along soon...

whatmamahad and KingofThings like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Makes me think of Craig Zweifel glass

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well, you've got good taste.....it's very nice !

7. whatmamahad

Aloha cxgirl,
    A Thousand Thanks! You are correct, it is an art glass piece by Zweifel. Additionally, I have one of his, allegedly rare, tall, ovoid vessels with an obelisk style stopper? cover?
    I do not want to wear out my welcome, but I'll chance it. : ) Do you know if this pattern has a specific name, such as pulled feather(s) ? If not, in a few words, how would you describe it? I don't want to seem an uneducated plebe, when I list it.
    I wish I could send you a Hawaiian Pineapple, as Thanks, but it might reek, a bit, upon arrival.

8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

You are welcome whatmamahad:)
    I'm the pits at writing descriptions - yours is very nice and has the black rather than clear stopper. IMHO the design isn't pulled feather but wait for others to give you some input. His work sells on his name so even without a pattern name people will still find it.
    Don't worry about wearing out your welcome - questions and looking for help are always welcome!

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

10. whatmamahad

Aloha cxgirl,
    Double Thanks!
    I checked the link you recommended and found several ways to describe the shapes, colors and uses of my Zweifel pieces, but could not find a pattern description.
    Zweifel created a perfume bottle, identical in shape and size as the one I posted. It's called SEAFOAM.
    I wish I could send you 2 Hawaiian Pineapples, but they might be just a little ripe, upon arrival.:vomit:... Or :p Yummy, if picked while very green. To err on the side of caution, I'll just say thanks again and can the Pineapples. No Pun Intended. :D

yourturntoloveit and cxgirl like this.
  11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol whatmamahad!

whatmamahad likes this.
  12. whatmamahad

Hi cxgirl,
    I need eye spectacles. It is sea form, not sea foam. IMHO, sea foam would be a little more "catchy", rather than sea form, but I'm a novice, not an artist. "Every Now and Then, Man's Mind is Stretched by a New Idea or Sensation and Can Never Shrink Back to Its' Former Dimensions."

cxgirl likes this.
  13. whatmamahad

Gracias!
    "Me gusta bailar, me gusta cantar con las muchachas..." I hope my Spanish Professor doesn't grade this...:pompous:. Live. Love. Laugh.

14. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

You sound fine to me, mi amigo!
    I don't know glass at all, but maybe someday you'll have a question about antique natural history prints, birds, mural-painting, or tamales, or tequila, and I'm your girl!

cxgirl and whatmamahad like this.
  15. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I crave that gorgeous thing ! Way to go , Cxgirl !

cxgirl likes this.
  16. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Too funny, I thought the same, but when looking around realized it was form.
    I had some of his paperweights, that is how I recognized the signature.

17. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Whatmamahad said "It is sea form, not sea foam. IMHO, sea foam would be a little more "catchy", rather than sea form, but I'm a novice, not an artist."

Whatmamahad, I'm sure you know but . . . "seafoam" is a color. I could see someone calling your perfume bottle "seafoam" (meaning the color of it).

It is absolutely gorgeous, and to my eye it looks like your bottle "could" be called/described as "seafoam." See the link below for some of the variations of the color called "seafoam."

https://www.google.com/search?q=sea...v&ved=0ahUKEwiCmqf5_dzKAhWISSYKHRW8DDIQsAQIPA

Draft saved Draft deleted