Featured Strange Metal and Cut Steel Bird Thingy..What is?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by RachelW, Nov 12, 2023.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

I got this rather charming bird with a half articulated tail in a lot bought online, but what is it? Is it off something? A hat or hair band perhaps?

Its metal and....cut steel perhaps? The studs are punched in. Its about average size, fits in ones hand easily.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, I'm not sure what was wrong with me. TYIA!

IMG_20231111_191010_1.jpg IMG_20231111_191023.jpg IMG_20231111_191049.jpg IMG_20231111_191100.jpg

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Bird of Paradise??

Figtree3, RachelW and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Brooch missing its pin?

Figtree3, RachelW and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. RachelW

Does seem that way, right?

Possibly? I've only just now seem the two small marks next to each other than look more silver, it could be where a pin was..

bercrystal and Figtree3 like this.
  5. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like cut steel. Perhaps an en Tremblant brooch if the tail is supposed to move while wearing. Some were made with hair clips as well.

6. RachelW

Oh well that's a fun term isnt it! New one to add to the list. I've had a poke around on google with various terms including en tremblant, brooch, jewelry, hair clip, stamped metal, bird, bird of paradise, etc etc, not much is showing up. Even the similar ones are much more substantial and thicker metal than this. It makes me wonder if it really is something that's fallen off of something else. Like a hair clip or accessory of some sort...

7. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Added the term to my growing list as well!

mirana and RachelW like this.
  8. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

En tremblant pieces are really fun. I love them but don't yet own one. I love jewelry that has an added surprise or convertible aspect.

kyratango and RachelW like this.
  9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'd probably use it as a Christmas tree ornament.

10. RachelW

Oh I do like that idea!

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted