Featured STORAGE UNIT AUCTION FIND - COLLECTION OF VINTAGE(?) HERMES SCARVES!

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Jan 2, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This was found in a storage unit won at auction. It is from the same unit that I found the designer purses & ladies clothes. I bought 4 large suitcases + a large box of clothing & this was in the bottom of a box of clothes I just got around to! (I still have 1 more box I haven't gotten to yet because there is so much clothing already that I am still sorting - but now I think I'll take a look through sooner!)

There are 10 scarves by Hermes (including one that is at least 5ft across - maybe a shawl scarf?), 1 by Burberry, 1 by Christine Ricci & 2 by Christian Audlier(?) (the Ed Hardy designer) & 2 I don't know who they are by & why I am posting this.

The first one I need help with is the one with the elephants & the 2nd is almost like an accordion - thin as a whip when left alone & opens like a fan when you put it on your head(?)

Thank you for any info!

CLOTHES SCARF ELEPHANTS 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF ELEPHANTS 2AAZ.jpg

Below is the one that is like an accordion or a Japanese fan! The art would be more clear & larger if I stretched it open more, but I didn't know if that would hurt it and wanted to ask you all here first (I was worried it wouldn't go back to it's closed shape)

CLOTHES SCARF ACCORDIAN TYPE SCARF 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF ACCORDIAN TYPE SCARF 2AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF ACCORDIAN TYPE SCARF 4AAZZ.jpg

This is around 5ft wide (close as I could tell with a retractable metal ruler!) by Hermes made of silk or something very thin - what is it??!

CLOTHES SCARF HERMES BIG LARGE 5ft SHAWL SCARF 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES BIG LARGE 5ft SHAWL SCARF 3AAZZ.jpg
    I found this one which it was said is rare & vintage Hermes; I'd like to know if the others are vintage or rare too - it looks like the lady collected Hermes scarves (plus a few others) so I'm hoping the other Hermes are rare or vintage too!

CLOTHES SCARF RARE RED BORDER 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF RARE RED BORDER 2AAZZ.jpg

2. journeymagazine

Here are some of the others - their laid out on my couch which is why they aren't perfectly square - I'll find a clean flat space to photograph them when I sell them - after I learn what I have!
    Thanks all

CLOTHES SCARF HERMES BLACK & GOLD & RED X SHAPES 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES BLACK & GOLD 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES BLACK & GOLD 2AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES CARRIAGE RED & WHITE 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES CARRIAGE RED & WHITE 3AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HERMES HORSES BLUE 1AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HORSES BLUE 3AAZZ.jpg CLOTHES SCARF HORSES BLUE 2AAZZ.jpg

Almost forgot this very thin lace piece that was in with the scarves - is it a scarf too?

CLOTHES SCARF LACE 1AAZZ.jpg

scoutshouse, Figtree3, reader and 8 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

From what I can see, the Hermès scarves look pretty good. They should be heavy silk twill with a hand-rolled hem. There is a great web resource for identifying. Here: http://piwigo.hermesscarf.com. You'll want to know pattern name, designer and year. Condition will be important too but, for most part, they'll be up to $350-ish.

If you post the designer/brand names of all scarves, we can tell you where to prioritize your efforts. But you should start with Hermès. If your intention is to sell them on eBay or similar (and not via TheRealReal) you will need them authenticated.

Debora

4. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Wow, they are beautiful!

5. FlowingHair

FlowingHair Active Member

I am in absolute awe,
    and so happy for you they’re are soooo beautiful especially the one with the horse carriage!!!

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The pleated one should go back if you don't keep it stretched out for too long. I have something of the type, although not Hermes & not silk, that is sort of a collapsible/compressible evening wrap. Not sure what would happen to it if it got wet, but no trouble getting it to bunch back up. The black one, if large enough, look like an evening wrap too.

7. journeymagazine

The accordion like one is scarf size - not evening shawl size at all - but the giant Hermes one is shawl size; is that what it is?

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is the "giant" one the one with palm frond design? It may be a shawl which should be silk twill and measure 55" x 55". Here's one with a similar theme.

Debora

433161S+11_set.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    scoutshouse, i need help and dude like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No, yours appears to be counterfeit. The hem is machine-stitched instead of hand-rolled. And the logo is not quite right.

Debora

Unknown.png

10. journeymagazine

well if it is it's the first thing this lady has that is

scoutshouse likes this.
  11. journeymagazine

The size is right - although measuring with a metal retractable ruler isn't the best way - I can attest to that!

scoutshouse likes this.
  12. journeymagazine

Can anyone tell me about the elephants one?

scoutshouse likes this.
  13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

14. journeymagazine

Thank you Debora!

scoutshouse likes this.
  15. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

This term will show the Horse and Carriage One:
    Hermes Silk Carre Scarf "Quai aux Fleurs" designed by Hugo Grygkar

scoutshouse and FlowingHair like this.
  16. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  17. journeymagazine

I like the Le Tenue de Venerie. I have 3-5 more that I didn't photograph yet because my camera's memory card was full!

scoutshouse likes this.
  18. journeymagazine

Here is the Burberry one.

CLOTHES SCARF BURBERRY 1A.jpg CLOTHES SCARF BURBERRY 2_.jpg

scoutshouse likes this.
  19. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  20. journeymagazine

Thanks. It's very sheer/thin and big! I will definitely look up beach wear
    Thanks again

scoutshouse, kyratango and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted