STORAGE AUCTION FIND - BOX FULL OF HIGH END PURSES INCLUDING THIS UNUSUAL JIMMY CHOO PURSE!

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Dec 21, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Here are most of the larger, high end purses I found in a box in a storage unit a friend won at auction and I bought from him.
    There's a Prada, Ruggeri & Luciani, Kate Spade, Mark of Italy, Laura di Maggio, Kippling & 2 Ed Hardys
    And this Jimmy Choo with a zipper that goes from the edge of side all the way down & under the purse, and back up the other side - I guess in case you need to make more room?
    Is there a name for this style Ican put in a listing title?
    Thank you!

CLOTHES PURSES A GROUP 1AAzz.jpg CLOTHES PURSE JIMMY CHOO 1AA.jpg CLOTHES PURSE JIMMY CHOO 4A_AAZ.jpg CLOTHES PURSE JIMMY CHOO 4AAzz.jpg CLOTHES PURSE JIMMY CHOO 3A_AAZ.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

FYI, most of those are not really what one would call high end bags. The ones of most value would be the Jimmy Choo, the Prada, and the Longchamp (if there's actually a handbag in the dust bag.) All, like the clothing, should go to TheRealReal. If you try to list yourself, you will have to have them all authenticated as handbags are so frequently counterfeited. A real tedious job (and I suspect you'd be happier with a quick turnover.)

Debora

Christmasjoy and Sandra like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Debora

I think you're right. The Jimmy Choo label is purple and bigger on the OP and black on the RealReal Bag; the straps are shorter and not turned under on the OP; etc.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Good eyes!

Debora

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Mm, I don't think any of those are kosher, sadly.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It is possible the well known brands are counterfeit. The minor brands (e.g. Ruggeri & Luciani) with little retail value likely aren't. If you post individual, close-up photographs, we might be able to help you determine. Oh, and as you probably know, if they're counterfeit, they can't be sold legally.

Debora

9. KikoBlueEyes

When I was in China, part of the tour group wanted to buy counterfeit purses and goods. The local guide took us to a shop and behind a door in the back was a huge room full of every big brand and style you can imagine. The salespeople openly admitted these were counterfeit, but a few of the tour group members bought several of them anyway. This might be why there may be many different types in this storage unit. For me, it was a disconcerting experience, so I don't know if such "opportunities" are available in this way in other places.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    komokwa likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

They're all over the place.

Debora

komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  11. journeymagazine

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

What's in the Longchamp dust bag?

Debora

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

15. journeymagazine

I didn't get the impression the lady of the storage unit was someone who would buy/wear knock offs - but what do I know?!

16. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Perhaps they were from before her ship came in.

Debora

17. journeymagazine

Maybe - btw the Jimmy Choo was in the Longchamp bag!

18. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Ah. Thanks.

Debora

19. KikoBlueEyes

I'm not sure about that. Notice how the right side of the storage bag at the place where the brass and plastic rings meet the bag. In the real one this is sewn down all around but not on the storage bag. The leather lacing that holds the rings is also different. On the left side it is every one ring, but on the real one it is an every ring. The two bags are also laced differently. I also don't see the feet on the Kate Spade bag but that might only be the picture.

20. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Those are the types of details that do make the difference between the real thing and the wannabe.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted