Starting in Art Deco Lamp and Figurine Restoration

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Count Orlock, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Count Orlock

Count Orlock New Member

Hi, I am beginning to expand my hobbies from restoring pre-WWII Lionel toy trains to restoring art nouveau and art deco metal figurines, lamps, and chandeliers. Since I am just beginning to try this out, I have a million questions and requests for advice. I am not sure if this is the best forum to discuss this. I can't find a forum specifically on art deco object restoration, or figurine/lamp restoration. Does such not exist? Therefore, is this the best place to discuss my new hobby?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Count Orlock.
    Of course! We would love to see your treasures, and always love projects too.

sabre123 and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@Any Jewelry
    This is the Introductions forum, think he wants to know what forum to ask in.

@Count Orlock
    I think you would get the best responses in the Antique Discussion. The other might be the Furniture Forum. Choose one, don't post in both.

Welcome to the board.
    If using your phone for pictures. Email them to yourself as medium, save them, then post from there. Choose Full Image when you post on the board.

sabre123 and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Count Orlock

Count Orlock New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted