Staffordshire Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Daniel G, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Daniel G

Daniel G Well-Known Member

I believe this is 19th century Staffordshire but I have no idea how much these are worth now. I suspect not very much and assume the market to be flooded with these but really have no clue. Impulse buy.

B723E933-A47C-4EE4-92D8-D4E8F68B1229.jpeg F4448E8E-9D68-42A9-82A5-889EC648C8E2.jpeg BC8FF9B5-1899-4CCE-8830-B7DA93266F10.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Bonnie Prince Charlie?

blooey likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Is the back all white?

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Here’s a similar on eboo Called Scottish man with dog and stag.19th century
    179489AB-FC8E-4621-A57D-CFDB704325B0.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Daniel G

Yes, other than his hair.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. Daniel G

Yeah, about what I figured. Thank you

7. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, unles it is a rare one, prices have rapidly fallen for Staffs figures. If you got it at a cheap price and you like it, then just enjoy it. If you want to start a collection of similar, then you should be able to for reasonable prices. I am talking about UK prices.

8. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

It is nice to see all the extra colouring on this one.

9. Daniel G

Thanks popsy! Seems like the UK version of Hummels, albeit much older.

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's been true for a while. I watched one of those UK Antiques Road Trip shows where the "expert" bought a whole case lot of the things for about 30 quid. Dirt cheap, right? It sold for about a tenner. I have one sitting here that may well be 20th century. Paid a buck for her, and that's about what she's probably worth in the current US market too. Hummels aren't much better, and those "Oh it's vintage Japanese so it's worth $$$" pieces ... target practice. They're good clay targets and that's about all.

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There's only been one high price one, the clock on the elephant. I see others for a few quid.

Draft saved Draft deleted