Featured SS Turquoise? Necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marie Forjan, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Next is this silver necklace, no marks on it anywhere but it acid tests as silver. Based on the findings I think pretty recent. All the links are soldered but some of the soldering looks sloppy to me.

I showed it to a friend who deals in Native American jewelry and he said it's not turquoise. Is he right? If so what could the stones be?

The pendant measures 1-3/4" x 2", the oval links 5/8" x 7/8".

SSTurqNecklcFt.jpg SSTurqNecklcPndtFt.jpg SSTurqNecklcPndtBk.jpg SSTurqNecklcLnkBk.jpg

Figtree3, stracci, bercrystal and 8 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It looks Chinese, with Hubei turquoise. So yes to turquoise, just not SW US turquoise. Very nice too.

Figtree3, stracci, Kate Q and 6 others like this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Great, I will check Hubei turquoise!

stracci, IvaPan and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Hubei is the main Chinese turquoise mining region. They have just about every type and colour of turquoise, including these lovely stones. That honey matrix colour is seen a lot in Hubei.

Figtree3, stracci, J Dagger and 2 others like this.
  5. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

With all of that honey matrix it’s odd to me that they mixed in two darker cabs. Seems a bit careless to me. They stand out/clash for me every time I look at it.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Not an artisan, probably they would just work with what they were given to do the job.

7. Any Jewelry

This wouldn't be artisan made, but factory workshop made. But they would work with what they were given to do the job. If the cab from the box fits in the bezel, in the bezel it goes.
    Whether or not it bothers you depends on your personal sense of esthetic, I guess. It doesn't bother me.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted