Spoons

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by GAJDAS, Sep 16, 2020.

1. GAJDAS

GAJDAS Member

Hello. I have one set of spoons. They look old. Can someone help me with a quote? The smallest spoon is 10 cm long, the longest is 13.5 cm.

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

MY question is are they gold or silver?? Silver sometimes looks goldish in members photos, my reason for asking.....probably best if you can show at least one photo showing any marking on the back of the spoon if they are all the same!

3. GAJDAS

GAJDAS Member

I don't know if it's gold or silver.

Attached Files:

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

They could be gilded silver . they look like souvenir spoons . Theres no marks anywhere ?

Bakersgma and Sandra like this.
  5. GAJDAS

GAJDAS Member

I don't see any markings on them

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OK, here's what I found, and they COULD be marks.....You, @GAJDAS, will have to take a Loupe and look carefully for yourself!!! I've circled on the back of the two best close-ups and the largest close-up tried to enlarge it, but I think I'm seeing what looks like "MP" with a small image circled in red on the larger back, and on the small partial back in red (same image) "R-something"..
    then I did a closer-up of the left one.....below that....you'll have to check them all very carefully....OTHERS should be along to help you better as well!!! I'm NOT sure if the small image I circled with the "MP" has any meaning at all....to me it kind of looks like two faces but am SO NOT SURE OF THAT!!!

IMG_20200916_174144-EDITED.jpg

SPOON MARK.jpg

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They are Dutch. I always associate these sets with The Hague, because they have the stork, which is in the crest of The Hague.
    I have a silver twelve spoon set, with matching spoon rack. Mine used to be my grandmother's. It wasn't really her taste, so I guess it was a wedding present, which would make it ca 1920.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    GAJDAS and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted