Spiky Hobnail Bottle Or Vase Need Help Identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kevolee, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Sorry to be a pest, but I made it to the glass section of my "stash" and this is another one I have been wondering about. This stands 11" tall and I'm not sure if this is a recent generic piece or if there is a specific maker or at least style. There are numerous small bubbles throughout it. I'm thinking it is a bottle that is missing its stopper and not a vase, but have no real idea. Also, it has a lot of water spots inside and am wondering what the easiest way is to take care of those. Again, thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

sp1.JPG sp2.JPG sp3.JPG sp4.JPG sp3.JPG sp5.JPG

bercrystal and judy like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Try searching "hobnail barber bottle" maybe?

bercrystal likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Genie bottle! Nice one missing a stopper. Might be Empoli made. Try denture tablets or limescale remover gel.

4. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thanks Marie and Owned for putting me on the right track. I tried the denture tablets and they worked great.

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

If you ever get trouble drying something with a long neck like this, make a wick from kitchen paper towel. It works.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted