Souvenir red glass vase help with age origin

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kevolee, May 14, 2023.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I found this souvenir vase with a Lake City, Minn. sticker on it and while I can find similar with no sticker, the descriptions, appearance and offered values vary. It does have a pontil mark on the bottom. It stands 6.5" tall. I really like the deep red color and the small glass pieces beneath the flower react to UV light. I would be very appreciative for any thoughts or ideas and thank you in advance.

vase1.jpg vase2.jpg vase3.jpg vase3.jpg vase5.jpg vase6.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2023
    Bronwen and silverbell like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

So pretty ! I always think Czech glass when I see these.

3. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you. I did run across a similar Czech piece and even one very similar with a more modern Chinese sticker on it. It seems to be a popular style that was imitated or copied.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

This is Chinese, they’re known as plum blossom vases.

Any Jewelry and silverbell like this.
  5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

trying to copy Stevens & Williams with the applied glasswork. The more recent Chinese art glass will have a greasy feel to it. Not sure why.

Draft saved Draft deleted