Featured Something I've never seen before (?!)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bosko69, May 25, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

O'Bear mentioned this in testing Jet- Rub stone in question on 'The underside of a loo cistern lid works well!'.
    That led to a search of Antique Loos (who knows the mind ?),and this came up.A patented Cast Iron 'Fly Proof' Toilet Lid.As you can see from the lower photo-the inventor still had to work out a few kinks.

Toil Lid 2.jpg Toilet Lid Fly Proof.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

now where are all the poor flies gonna get a :vomit:meal.....

3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I love the tangents we get on .

4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I recently saw a tv show that explained the phrase... look out below.
    They said it was cause people would toss out their poop from the pot onto the street where people would walk and so they gave a warning.
    Makes me want to gag.

komokwa, kyratango and stracci like this.
  6. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Tangentially speaking-I think those flies are ending up in my kitchen ! Brilliant find Bluumz.I think in certain parts of the U.S. (which shall remain unnamed)-this might still be considered 'state of the art'.
    PS-It may be somewhat fly proof,but with all that methane gas-shouldn't it also be 'blast-proof' ?.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    Aquitaine, kyratango, NanaB and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted