Featured Some more from that last batch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Jan 15, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Wondering when the gold/rhinestone piece may be from? Looks like the pin was replaced. It may even be gold but I’m not super confident in that.

Wondering where/when on the MOP and coral necklace? 60s-70s? The barrel clasp I’m guessing was used a lot then maybe? Also what do you think the little yellow and green beads are? They do look like stone at a glance. I did not look too close so maybe they are glass. I like the yellow a lot.

The gold necklace with coral is funny because I realized it’s actually fake coral. That was the first time I’ve seen fake coral.

Also wondering who the lady is on the non religious cameo? Just a random gal? 07CDAB9B-3023-43AC-BD20-3F494A792034.jpeg 900C9BD9-5096-4991-9394-0D315A8D7E9E.jpeg 7FA73C2E-B63B-4BEF-AE8E-E95BB78541C8.jpeg 37B18149-5026-4662-91D4-F676116F35AA.jpeg A6962D15-8B37-4346-995E-097C97E8CF18.jpeg 71B9D80D-C071-4A74-A5AF-F775045D70DA.jpeg

KSW, Figtree3, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  2. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I like that rhinestone pin. Bet it had a "C" clasp originally. Is the tube part closed on the end that doesn't have a ball? Wondering if it was some sort of nanny brooch or etui brooch.

KSW, Pattywithay, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  3. J Dagger

Ooh. I had never heard of a nanny brooch. How cool! I don’t recall it being open. It all be a few days until I have it within grasp again but I’ll surely look. I’d guess c-clasp as well.

KSW likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

beads look like glass from here..

J Dagger likes this.
  5. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

KSW, J Dagger, Dessert58 and 2 others like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

KSW, J Dagger and Figtree3 like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The Virgin Mary cameo's setting also has a mark on the back. I can't make out what it is, though.

KSW, J Dagger and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. J Dagger

I’m
    just 800

edit: (silver mark)

Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  9. J Dagger

The thread on your piece was an interesting read. Quite sure mine are cheaper plastic rather than glass. The mold lines are pretty noticeable once you’re looking for them.

The virgin is pretty nice! Any idea where the MOP one came from in that era? Could be totally irrelevant, just curious.

Figtree3 and KSW like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Do you mean the MOP beads in the necklace? Probably the Philippines, a major supplier of MOP.

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. J Dagger

I meant the whole necklace. Wondering where the piece as a whole may have been made.

12. Any Jewelry

Probably China.

Draft saved Draft deleted