Some Antique (Truly) Furniture, Part 2

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by kentworld, Jul 14, 2014.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Small bureau and dining table (fully extended).

upload_2014-7-14_10-9-31.jpeg

Attached Files:

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That dresser is interesting,looks like some real age to it.Most of what you've shown,while gorgeous,looks more 1870-1900,but not the cheaper end. just my uninformed thoughts.

3. kentworld

Yes, I thought that the dresser was a rather nice piece -- but dating this stuff is not in my "area."

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I don't see a dresser there, just a chest of drawers and a table. Both look 19th C. but only just and the chest of drawers is pretty basic. The drawer pulls look like brass stampings so I'd guess pine drawers.

5. kentworld

Sorry AF, dialectical differences -- we call chests of drawers "dressers" here. Even if it looks "run of the mill" it is a nice, clean and pleasing "run of the mill" chest of drawers.

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Mahogany Hepplewhite chest of drawers. Probably 1940s but can't tell from these pics. Could be earlier. A look at the drawer dovetails would confirm. Table is odd. Early 20th century I should think. Some vague French influence.

7. kentworld

Well, the table top definitely looks older than early 20th c. -- my pix are terrible because of the lighting and my photo-taking capabilities. Will get my friend to look at the dovetails (is a piece that I like) -- can't think why I didn't open the drawer!

8. shelly

shelly New Member

hmm, chest of drawers looks circa 1800 to me. Mahogany Hepplewhite bowfront chest of drawers. Could be a later piece though, maybe even American, dovetails and drawer interiors will tell the tale.

9. shelly

shelly New Member

I think the table is probably early 20th century, Queen Anne style. Need pics of the undersides.

Draft saved Draft deleted