Sofa/loveseat from 1960s

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by JimFreeman, Feb 22, 2023.

1. JimFreeman

JimFreeman New Member

DC57BA71-D5E2-4FBB-8AAF-C3121BF0CF56.jpeg 896E729A-60F3-4166-9B22-52074A4E9276.jpeg 66A61D89-C80B-4E4D-98A0-2A5032C58CF1.jpeg I’m looking for help identifying this loveseat from the 1960s that I came into possession of. I’ve searched all over and see no mark or stamp. I am, however, certain it dates to the 60s. I know identifying a maker or brand is likely a longshot. Also, I know it’s not a quality piece but I’m curious about it nonetheless.

judy likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

May I ask how you know it dates to the 1960s? I ask because the upholstery doesn't appear to date to that period.

Debora

3. JimFreeman

JimFreeman New Member

It’s been reupholstered. I know it dates to the 60s because I have a photo from the prior owner that dates it to 1966 at the latest.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. New cushion covers then.

Debora

5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Love that 'Ring A Ding Ding' upholstery.

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I don't know where the original design came from but this basic design was reproduced by small furniture makers for decades in various configurations. Yours appears to be hardwood (Teak?) and, if truly 60s, maybe an early configuration. Scandinavian? Much of what was produced later was done in oak or pine here in the US.

One of the biggest furniture companies making this type of furniture here in the US was called This End Up. They actually started by using packing crates for their raw materials. They began in 1974 and are still in business, though their product line is much changed.

Bakersgma and Boland like this.
  7. JimFreeman

JimFreeman New Member

Thank you for the detailed reply. Any thoughts on the possible value?

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

$100 to the right buyer....at the right moment , in the right city ! , is possible..

but you're not gonna ship it.....so it would help to be in the right place...

9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Not sure that upholstery would appeal to most. Consequently, value would be pretty minimal.

Draft saved Draft deleted