small utensil or bread wicker basket 14a

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by rknarr2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have a small utensil or bread wicker basket. The dimensions are 8” x 3 ¼” x 2” I was wondering origin of country, how old, type of wood used in making it and worth. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_7630small.JPG IMG_7633small.JPG IMG_7634small.JPG IMG_7635small.JPG

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Looks like wicker to me or maybe bamboo. I would say look on ebay for any similar ones to get value. I think it would be from the 1970's or so.
    Good luck.

judy likes this.
  3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Some chain restaurant, or maybe several chain restaurants, used to use these baskets for serving crackers.

My favorites were the Captain's Wafers.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They were also used in hotels, to put cutlery in for the breakfast buffet. It would match the wicker bread baskets.
    Could have been made in any country where labour was very cheap.

judy and Jivvy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted