Small Pressed Amber Glass Vessel, Ground Base, Vestigial Pontil: Toothpick?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wlwhittier, Dec 23, 2023.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

2 1/2" high. ~2 1/8" rim diameter, which tapers ever so slightly to the top of the ~3/4" high patterned band; weight is ~96 grams. It's blown into a 4-part mold; the second pic shows 2 of those mold seams immediately above that patterned band.
    What I think is a remnant pontil scar shows plainly in pic 4; a thumbnail catches on most of that circular shallow ring. UV turns this a dark slightly reddish brown, tho' not opaque. Capacity is 3 oz, brim-full.

If not a toothpick, was it for 'medicinal' spirits, or? Is the pressed pattern common, or proprietary? Can anyone say when it was made, an' by whom? I collect shot glasses but haven't seen one of that capacity or form. As always folks, thanks for lookin'!

P1390805.jpeg P1390803.jpeg P1390804.jpeg P1390806.jpeg

bercrystal and TallCakes like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

EAPG daisy & button pattern.....might be Bryce brothers....

Bakersgma and wlwhittier like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Thank you sincerely, TallCakes! I am most grateful for your Spot-On identification...

bercrystal, komokwa and TallCakes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted