Featured Small porcelain French trinket box with a baloon

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Vintinella, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Vintinella

Vintinella Member

Hi everyone,
    I have just bought this lovely trinket box.
    It seems French, but I can't find the porcelain mark anywhere.

Screenshot_20231125-114128.png Screenshot_20231125-114150.png Screenshot_20231125-114202.png Screenshot_20231125-114138.png

Any idea what mark is that and from what period?

Many thanks!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Sweet and based on the French/Limoges boxes. However, I don't recognize the mark -- hopefully someone else might know -- and the painting is rather naive. My guess is latter half 20th c but I could be way off.

Vintinella and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

4. Vintinella

Vintinella Member

Thank you!
    Yes, it is quite sweet, and I think so too, that the latter half of the 20th century is the period, although it looks old. So it is possible that the porcelain mark really is a made up one?

Chinoiserie likes this.
  5. Vintinella

Vintinella Member

Chinoiserie likes this.
  6. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Yes it's annoying to be so close yet so far.

Vintinella likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted