Small Plain Wedgwood Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by WhitneyCalu, Sep 4, 2023.

1. WhitneyCalu

WhitneyCalu New Member

I have this small plain blue Wedgwood pitcher. It has some chips. Is it worth anything? I’m having trouble finding anything similar - everything else has lots of decoration.

Attached Files:

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Welcome, Whitney!
    Though I’m partial to English china, I don’t collect Wedgwood and therefore know little about dating or value. Someone should come along soon to help.
    Just FYI, full size images are preferred:

IMG_0269.jpeg IMG_0268.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I think that the impressed marks above WEDGWOOD are the date marks. I think you can find a list of the date marks on Google.

WhitneyCalu likes this.
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I first thought there was an impressed sideways D under the Wedgwood mark but now I’m wondering if it isn’t the vase/urn, such as in this mark from potteries.org. However, this source says it was printed, not impressed.

IMG_0273.jpeg

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It's the Portland Vase. Wedgwood was the first to make a good reproduction.

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

This adds to the confusion more than helps, I think. There should be 3 impressed date marks, but yours only has 2 -- the 3 hasn't imprinted and I suspect that the employee was hasty in his work! http://www.thepotteries.org/mark/w/wedgwood-date.html It is pre-1891 because there is no "England" marked and post-1860 when the date codes began.

komokwa and WhitneyCalu like this.
  7. WhitneyCalu

WhitneyCalu New Member

Thanks, I just have to figure out how to do that!

Thanks all for the great input! This is very helpful.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted