Small Pitcher Mystery…Is it Authentic or Fake

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Pammie, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Pammie

Pammie New Member

2. Pammie

Pammie New Member

Here’s another view

Attached Files:

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello, Pammie. What were you told about this pitcher that your question relates to?

Authentic or fake "what?"

*crs* likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

do u mean is it a Sevres mark?

charlie cheswick likes this.
  5. Pammie

Pammie New Member

I found it at a local thrift store that utilizes unsold estate items. I like to rescue unique vintage pieces. I thought the gilding seemed unique with the cobalt hash line beneath. So I did a little research and saw there were other pieces from the soft porcelain from Sevres during the 1770’s era that were very similar. They noted that older pieces may have black specks within the white due to the aged process during firing. I decided to just ask on this site if anyone possibly knew anything about the mark also.

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Any Sevres marks need to be looked at with a suspicious eye. :D Most you find out there will be fake. I don't know who made this, but it isn't Sevres. Googling fake Sevres marks may illuminate.

Bakersgma and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted