Small KPM Berlin Porcelain Vase - question on imprint / mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Jun 16, 2017.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Found this at a thrift yesterday - I think this mark probably is from anywhere from mid 19th to present - anyone have any more specific info on when this would date to? Also...In addition to the scepter and globe/cross mark - there is an impressed mark in the porcelain - kind of difficult to see from the pics but I drew what the impression looks like:

~

34956401140_a20712e26e_k.jpg 35213910391_a636902a42_k.jpg 35213915351_07477140a0_z.jpg 35176631672_ad8bec31ec_k.jpg

Here's what the impressed mark looks like:

34533407393_7458a20edb_z.jpg

Not sure what the impression is for - any ideas? From what I've read online KPM usually only used impressed marks on plaques.

Thanks!

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks like this:
    https://www.botterweg.com/Auction/Bid/tabid/59/lotid/23878/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I don't know about the inscribed letters, but I think the stamped mark is called the Burg Giebichenstein mark.

Found this on Wikipedia:

"Bauhaus and New Objectivity

Under the new director Günther von Pechmann, the ideas of Deutscher Werkbund and Bauhaus influenced the craftsmen of KPM Berlin from 1929 onwards. The aim was to design contemporary, matter-of-fact household porcelain. Famous designs of this time encompass [] Marguerite Friedlaender’s Halle vases, created in cooperation with Burg Giebichenstein Art School
    "

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Thanks! Looks very very similar indeed! Gives a pretty precise year range.

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Lovely vase, aaroncab -- And to moreotherstuff, good sleuthing!

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted