Small Green Pressed? Glass Decanter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jan 20, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Any help with origin/maker?
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

By National Glass. Pattern called "National" or "S Repeat". At least that's what I've found online. The originals circa 1890. No clue about any reproductions.

Cruet.

scoutshouse likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

EAPGpatterns has S-Repeat by Dugan-Diamond; reproduction by Wright, Summit and Kanawha. seen this listed as Fenton for Wright FWIW

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. kardinalisimo

Thank you both. I think mine is more recent but wonder how can you tell for sure the original from the later copies?

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

from what I understand the pattern was not made in this color originally

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. kardinalisimo

Thanks. That's enough to rule out being original.

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Cranberry, amber and green cruets are mostly listed as Fenton for LG Wright - various prices - but yours is the only one currently available with same color stopper, which I noticed was nicely made.

Only one green w/ green sold recorded back in 2012 on worthpoint for $40.

Then again, one cranberry w/ clear for $65/2014 (I don't know what's most collectible in color)

Being surrounded in the 60s with Fenton repros (and nothing authentic), I developed the idea that "antique" meant refined and restrained, not primitive like this. I apologize, Depression and EAPG - little by little, I'm developing an interest in you.

(K, One tip-off to a repro would be if you find the same pattern as an astray :))

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just a thought......it's interesting how we go about our daily lives everyday and don't even give second thoughts to the antique items we use as part of our days!!! The green cruet brought that to mind with a clear patterned one I keep vinegar in and use often......just one of many things!!!!!!!;):rolleyes::smug::rolleyes:

SBSVC and scoutshouse like this.
  9. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

... They're just "things," but they do color up our lives while we go about out business - nice to notice :)

SBSVC likes this.
  10. kardinalisimo

I've noticed that some cruets with S-Repeat pattern have straight body walls and other are slopped inward toward the bases.
    Seems like the later editions are the one with the straight walls.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted