Small Blue and White Bowl with Raised Dots

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 20, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

If anyone has any thoughts about this small white pottery bowl with unknown (to me) blue motifs and raised dots, I would appreciate any thoughts. I'm trying to learn how to recognize very old pieces. There may be a mark on the bottom or just the leftover clay from firing. The bottom has no glaze. It is about 3 inches in diameter and thick. I don't think old is unrefined, but a humble piece might be overlooked. Someone kept it. Any help appreciated.

IMG_6952.JPG IMG_6953 (1).JPG IMG_6954.JPG IMG_6951.JPG IMG_6955.JPG IMG_6956.JPG

Born2it and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Gut feel is Japanese.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I really have no clue, so this is a point to start with. I'll try some searches.

4. KikoBlueEyes

Born2it likes this.
  5. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

It's late 19th century kiko, I would say

Was trying to decide chinese or Japanese, but think obb is right

Never seen those raised spots before though

I'm thinking maybe monkeypox :p:kiss:

komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. So exciting to have something this age! I can't find the raised spots anywhere either. I'll use your info for more research. Maybe I'll find spots that way (not monkey pox)

charlie cheswick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted