Featured Small beaded purse? with reticulated metal lid.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Mar 18, 2024.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This was posted on a FB group I belong to but she wasn't getting too much help so I offered to post it here to see if anybody here can help. :happy:

She called it a "change purse" because the beaded portion "is a flexible base that forms a pouch when you pick it up" but with the reticulated lid, I wondered if it could be some sort of a vinaigrette as the lid would allow the fragrance to waft through.

She does not mention size or marks but I have asked her to update the post to include this information.

I think she is mainly looking for age & country of origin but would likely be interested if someone can confirm its potential use.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :happy::happy::kiss:

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I immediately thought french,but that was just a guess. What a pretty thing.

bercrystal likes this.
  3. bercrystal

It could be French because I took a second look at the lid & it has Fleur-de-Lis incorporated into the design. :happy::happy:

johnnycb09 and Potteryplease like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

why does the lid have a tab, but the rim has a push button....
    could this be a marriage ?

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I call this type a beaded coin purse, and she is right, it is for coins/change, not a vinaigrette.;)
    The lid is beautiful. It looks like it could be gilded.
    Maybe Bohemian?
    Datewise ca 1900 I think.
    These are pretty small, they generally fit in the palm of your hand.
    There could be marks, maybe near the closing mechanism. She will have to check with a loupe.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

7. bercrystal

@Any Jewelry - Thank you so much for the information!! :happy::kiss::kiss:

I have posted your links on FB for her as well as a link to this page.

She hasn't posted the size as of yet & I suggested using a loupe to scour the frame for marks.

johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted