Small barrel shaped jar with textured knob handle on lid - "W" ? inside circle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 30, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Picked this up at the GW a few weeks back but have not been able to locate anything similar.

It is 6 5/8" to the top of the handle, 4 5/8" to the side edge & is 3 1/4" across the top opening.

The knob handle has a textured design on the top. There are 4 "rings" around the sides. The bottom has an embossed "W" or possibly an "M" as well as an "11". I thought possibly something sold by Westinghouse to be used in one of their appliances but ran into nothing like this.

Hopefully one of our crackerjack researchers can come up with something. ;):happy::happy:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy: :kiss:

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Pickle Jar? Just a guess.
    W maybe for Wheaton? I am just guessing wait for the experts.

4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I believe that is Wheaton Peggy
    upload_2023-7-30_16-34-11.png

Figtree3, komokwa and bercrystal like this.
  5. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Figtree3, sabre123, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

*crs*, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

*crs*, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted