Sketched birds

Discussion in 'Art' started by rknarr2, Apr 16, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I found sketched birds Copyright by Sidney Z. Lucas of a same sketched birds by John Gould Published by Sidney Z. Lucas, circa 1930s-1940s listed for $999 on ebay. My sketch dimensions are 6" x 8". What is the difference between Copyright and Published by this same company? Will they have same money values if mine was in as good shape as the listing? What is mine worth with the damage? Thank you for information on this sketched birds. Robert
    IMG_8067small.JPG IMG_8071small.JPG IMG_8069small.JPG IMG_8073small.JPG

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yours appears to be a mass produced vintage print in extremely poor condition. IMHO it has no value at all. (I do like the inexpensive period bamboo frame, however.) Do wait for other's opinions. And, by way, think the eBay seller is smokin' something.

Debora

Jivvy, rknarr2, Fid and 3 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What is being asked is irrelevant. Only thing that matters is if something comparable has been sold &, if so, for how much. Agree with Debora, seller sounds delusional.

rknarr2, Bakersgma and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Rob, if you'd forgive the advice... I'd give up on this one and move on. Do remember that, unless something is extremely rare, condition is everything (especially with mass produced 20th century items.)

Debora

Jivvy, rknarr2, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  6. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I am glad to read this sketch is not worth anything. I will put it through my shredder because it is in such bad condition particularly from sunshine deterioration. Crumpled right in my hand. Rob

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Good. The poor quality paper alone is an indication of value. Now onward and upward... Happy hunting!

Debora

i need help and Jivvy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted