Featured Simmons 4-drawer metal chest

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by ElvisLoveChild, Oct 9, 2023.

1. ElvisLoveChild

ElvisLoveChild New Member

IMG_20231009_161913.jpg I'm selling this for the elderly aunt who can't recall when or how she acquired it. Do you think it's Bel Geddes? It's in great shape, with the original faux-wood finish. Pricing suggestions are welcome! We're in the Washington DC area.

Attached Files:

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    komokwa likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Back to your piece..... Being wood-grained, it does not have the appeal of the colored enameled pieces. The big scratch on the front does not help. The, otherwise, good condition is a plus. I feel that this would most likely be a candidate for refinishing. As such, your pricing needs to be attractive enough for someone to be able to make a profit doing so. I don't know what a refurbished chest like yours would currently be going for in the DC area. If you can figure that out, you would likely need to price yours at 1/3 to 1/2 the retail price. You might have to bargain down from there. My gut feeling is that you need to be under $200.00 on this to even get a sniff. I could be wrong.

Edit: I see the posted refinished chests are priced at $600.00 each. This is right in line with my above thoughts.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted