Featured Silver overlay perfume bottle numbered ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GreenEyedGal, Nov 25, 2017.

1. GreenEyedGal

GreenEyedGal Well-Known Member

Hi Again everyone ☺️ I have this pretty bottle with iris silver overlay and all I can see is the etched number on the bottom of the dauber & Bottle. Does anyone have any idea who it would have been made by or just general information;)
    Thanks Again!! 37CCCBC6-924B-4DE7-9D31-4E187EA594FF.jpeg 950B4665-EB3F-45C2-9656-F21B0582AD6B.jpeg BC1E8F16-20B4-4CAB-B988-A97A5A07033E.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

pretty art nouveau...
    looks like the number is just a dealer stock number...

kyratango and judy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The number on the bottle should match the number on the dauber. That would indicate that it is the original stopper and not a replaced one.

The silver overlay with the iris is one you see quite frequently. I don't think that I have ever seen who actually made these bottles. I doubt it would make any difference in the value.

What is important with this type of perfume is that the silver is intact, the stopper is not damaged and there are no cracks hidden by the silver overlay.

4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

(covet...covet...covet...)

Bakersgma, Aquitaine and Bronwen like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes....& it so deserves a good polish......

kyratango likes this.
  6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Believe that's one of Alvin's silver deposit designs, they were usually marked lightly on the silver, somewhere near the bottom - probably a Steuben bottle...

~Cheryl

Figtree3, Bakersgma, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That is soooooo pretty! Lucky girl!

Draft saved Draft deleted