Signed & numbered limited edition Dali real? Also help w/signature on 2nd art

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 12, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I went to my friend's thrift store this morning early, and got there just as they were unloading a truck full of nice pieces donated from a nice estate (according to my friend who said he went there himself and saw the home the things came out of)
    One box was full of art and I ended up buying 4-5 pieces out of it - including the 2 below that I am hoping someone can help me with because they cost me $175 of the $300 I ended up spending! ($100 for Dali & $75 for unknown piece)

The Dali is 2x signed (1 is a signed in plate I think?) and numbered - but it's an unusual number; 34/144? Why not 150 editions? Or 125? Doesn't 144 seem like an odd number to use?
    Is it real/original and not a copy/fake?
    It measures 23" x 16" with the frame

The 2nd one my friend didn't know who the artist was either (like me!) - I think he charged me what he did because of the house it came out of!
    Can someone tell me who the artist is? (I thought Romeli?)

Thank you for any help - seriously hoping my instinct was correct!

Thank you!

ART PRINT DALI LIMITED EDITION 1AA.JPG ART PRINT DALI LIMITED EDITION 2AA_AA.JPG ART PRINT DALI LIMITED EDITION 3AA.JPG ART PRINT DALI LIMITED EDITION 4AA.JPG ART PRINT DALI LIMITED EDITION 5AA.JPG
    ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLACK & WHITE 2AAAA RESIZED.JPG
    ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLACK & WHITE 1AAAA RESIZED.JPG

ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLACK & WHITE 3AA AA RESIZED.JPG

ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLACK & WHITE 4AA.JPG ART PRINT ABSTRACT BLACK & WHITE 9AA.JPG

Houseful and charlie cheswick like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

4. Roaring20s

5. Roaring20s

journeymagazine likes this.
  6. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

In some systems 144 is a 'round' number (12 dozen = 1 gross). A quick internet search for "limited edition of 144" brought some 7,000 hits.

It could be purely commercial psychology: selling 144 copies potentially brought in a lot more money than a mere 100, without the number sounding that much higher. The opposite of selling something for $99.99...

7. journeymagazine

Makes sense - thanks!

8. journeymagazine

Thanks to all - the force is strong here! (sorry; just watched a star wars movie with my girlfriend!)
    Can anyone tell me who artist is of 2nd piece; or is it a unknown/weekend artist/school project?

Draft saved Draft deleted