Signed Mistretta Mardi Gras poster.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Armando0831, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I went to the flea market to look at some paintings. It was the end of the day and a vendor was packing up her stuff. I stopped to look and she said I could have these two Madrid Gras posters for FREE. Of course I didn't turn it down. Heck, can't beat free. I didn't see the signed signature on one of them until I got home. The glass was broken but I can replace that. The second one done is the poster that's signed. The first if from 1990 and the second is 1992.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Joe,
    Andrea Mistretta was a friend of mine back in the 1980s. She is famous for her Marti Gras posters. Her signed posters have been sold for 75 to 300 in the 80s and 90s. Her Christmas cards have always been one of a kind, I have 12 to 15 of them packed up somewhere. She was living in NYC when I knew her.
    greg

antidiem and spirit-of-shiloh like this.
  3. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

Greg,
    Thanks for that info. It's cool and and small world. I've seen some signed works priced at $109-$500. She's a great artist. I love the colors and design. You're lucky you knew her. I'll be keeping these for some time.

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

A local restaurant with a New Orleans theme used to have these types of posters as part of their decor... they have recently been replaced by some really odd, somewhat risque looking paintings that include people wearing masks. I missed looking at the posters last time I was there.

Draft saved Draft deleted