Signed Heart shaped paperweight - but who made it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Sep 25, 2016.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Got this as part of a shelf lot. I thought maybe Glass Eye Studio but I can't find any of their other pieces signed this way. It is 4 3/8" top to bottom by 4 1/2" across & is 2 3/4" thick.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:
    Peggy

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Gawd. Someone in 2009!

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That's one thick heart!!!! You sure it's not beating!:playful::playful::playful::playful: Colors are pretty!!!! Try checking with paperweights.com His name is Allan. Very positive to talk with!!!

4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I deal with quite a bit of Glass Eye stuff and I have never seen a piece signed this way. Most of their stuff has a "clear" vinyl label, though I have seen some paper labels.

5. bercrystal

The colors are very pretty. It weighs almost a pound all by itself.

I have posted pieces with them before & they were extremely helpful.

I considered Glass Eye only because of the first 2 letters that I thought might be GE. I have never seen a pontil like this on any of their pieces either.

Peggy

6. bercrystal

The mystery has been solved. :happy::happy::happy:

I decided to consign this piece to a local shop because it is a nice piece & I thought someone might appreciate it if they saw it in person. I told them it was signed but I wasn't able to figure out who made the piece. They informed me that the initials were for a local glass place her in Columbia, SC called One Eared Cow Glass (OECG) that was started by a couple of art school graduates of the University of South Carolina back in the early 1990s.

You never know where one of their pieces may show up so I thought I would post there information.

http://www.oneearedcow.com/

Peggy

cxgirl, *crs*, dgbjwc and 3 others like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing that Peggy. :)

cxgirl and judy like this.
  8. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Merry Christmas George !

Draft saved Draft deleted