Signed Gold Filled Bar Pin With Faux Pearls

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by kraftblue, Mar 30, 2023.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

This is signed 120 12KT. G.F. and H.G Would anyone know who H.G. is?

bar1.JPG bar2.JPG bar3.JPG bar4.JPG bar5.JPG bar6.JPG

2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I don’t really know but I’ve seen HG as possibly representing its heavy gauge but wait for others.

Figtree3 likes this.
  3. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Isn't there an H.G. Wells jewelry maker?

Nvmd, I'm thinking of the author! :oops::oops::oops: LOL. There is a wells jewelry company though.

Second edit: if you google "Gold Filled HG Brooch", you will find some similar to yours. I didn't see an actual company name though. Here's one on ebay that's similar to yours:

shorturl.at/twIUZ

I used a link shortener because the actual ebay link was sooo long, but the link does take you right to ebay.

I've had gold filled brooches marked "HG" before, and they don't seem to get a whole lot of attention unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Houseful

There’s a couple of Etsy sellers with GF faux Pearl pieces that attribute them to Henry Griffith, I’ve no idea if they are correct though.
    6B967CD0-043C-411C-BCEE-C06901A1072E.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I saw some of those attributions, but my jewelry id book says the initials would be "H.G. & S." for Henry Griffith & Sons. And I think most (all?) of the jewelry when I looked was solid gold or silver, not gold filled.

Here's the most recent mark for Henry Griffith (unless someone took that name later).

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    Figtree3 and Houseful like this.
  6. Houseful

Yes, the gold or silver would likely have a full hallmark. Not sure if he never made any GF pieces that wouldn’t be able to have a full hallmark.
    Interested to find out what the others say. Still maybe could mean Heavy Gauge?

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@kraftblue, as for your mark!! I kind of went through most of my filters to see if that was actually a 'G', 'g' or an 'S', which I was leaning more towards an 'S' honestly......but you can see what I have here.....not all that different than above.......you can click on it to enlarge, but to make it even larger, just hold down CTL & SCROLL FORWARD with your mouse to zoom in even more........

test marks-3.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Looks like an S in the original photos.

Aquitaine likes this.
  9. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Just wanted to make sure it was not too important.

Draft saved Draft deleted