Featured Signed dog sketches

Discussion in 'Art' started by J Dagger, Sep 12, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I believe I got this from an estate where one of the owners worked in the paper goods industry. Mostly stationary, and mostly greeting cards within that space. At least evidenced by how many greeting cards they had vs. other paper goods. The other half of the couple worked in the decorative porcelain industry for a long time. Could have been same member and they switched industries but I believe the man worked in porcelain and the lady in paper. These drawings are pretty good and I believe they were likely intended for greeting cards. I found a few greeting cards with similar looking dog art in an image search. Not these exact images and the cards didn’t have a signature. I can’t imagine anyone knows who this artist is? I feel there’s probably a market for this, just not sure if it’s $20, $200, or $2000. Guessing $20-$200 and probably on the lower half unless I can ID the artist and its one that people like. It would look nice framed. Any assist appreciated. This was a 16 day estate sale and at the end the home was still far more full than most homes x3. Epic hoarder collection that was quite good. I filled up my car on at least three different days. I didn’t make it to the sale until the third week. I do wish I had seen what was there the first couple weeks. Luckily they kept bringing our new stuff throughout the sale. B7A956EB-AAE0-4D39-8ADB-D956965CC5E4.jpeg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Typically, greeting card art is done by commercial artists and they're almost impossible to identify by name.

Debora

pearlsnblume and J Dagger like this.
  3. J Dagger

I figured it was a loooong shot :)

Edit: that said, this is the home of the long shot in my experience, so worth a shot.

reader and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

They are adorable. Have no idea of worth. But I can see people being interested in buying this to use as artwork, or for crafts.

J Dagger likes this.
  5. J Dagger

I’m not a big fan of adorable and even I like them.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted